I’m a little embarrassed that it isn’t in better shape, and only has four levels. I’ll be improving in time, but for now I’m just happy it is done. Here are a few obstacles I had to over come to get it even to this point:
1. On Sunday, October 24th my apartment was flooded! Apparently, a hot water heater a few floors above me failed and water flowed into mine (and 14 other) apartment unabated for about 9 hours. Naturally it affected the area my workspace is setup, so I had to move everything to a dry safe area. I only got things back together late Wed night. So, that’s was a few days I was not able to get any work done.
2. The last few days I had family in town, so I didn’t get much done.
3. I’m art skills are awful. There came a point in development a couple weeks ago where I started hating my boring visuals and this de-motivated me. Made me even question the entire project. I couldn’t get myself to move forward on my levels because I kept trying to make them look better instead of play better. The little critic in my head kept saying no one is going to like it because it so boring looking! I lost two Saturdays to this issue by procrastinating. I played a lot of SillySoft’s new game Castle Vox.
4. 3D visuals! This is connected to the issue above. Usually I stick to 2D visuals and dealing with textures, etc was all new. It made it hard for me to get things to look nice. I need to hire an artist!
5. Reddit.com, unfortunately, I’ve made a habit of jumping to Reddit.com from time to time as a mental break, which it is great for, but it leads to never ending, “Ooo… what’s that… click… Ooooo… what’s that…” repeat over and over and over. So, yeah… I need to stop going there maybe.